viernes, 3 de junio de 2011

2005

I just re tweeted a comment about the cinemas in Mexico, we have 3 big companies back here Cinépolis, Cinemex and Cinemark. In that order they are the big three. And Cinépolis has the greatest VIP'S Theaters. Which make me remember of the first movie I watch on a VIP room Star Wars Episode Three back in 2005.

That week was the greatest to me because I was invited to the official premier two days before opening date, it was awesome, the date was at 8:00pm. That morning I went to college as usual, and my friends were asking me, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the movies, you know, getting in line for the movie...I was like, It's 8:00am, the movie will start in twelve hours, yeah right, i went home, grabbed my lightsaber and arrived at the movie complex at 6pm, yes!!!! 30, maybe 35 people in line, I'm the coolest....yeah right....Loooser, a guy walked towards me and said, excuse me the line continues outside the cinema ...

Ok, How bad could it be? It was bad, the line actually circled the whole block, I actually walked around the building three times, to get a spot, when I did, someone said that people had arrived from the mexican state of Guadalajara (Home of Tequila) at 7:00 am, apparently they rented three buses to get to the screening. So I spent two hours outside on the street sorrounded by geeky guys dressed like Jedi, and....oh wait, thats the cool part, I was surrounded by thousands of Jegi Knights, and little kids dressed as Darth Vader, for two whole hours, Mexico became Coruscant, and i was a Jedi, everybody was chatting, comparing lightsabers, waiting for that epic moment to come true. At 8:00pm we were all inside the cinema, popcorn and lightsaber in hand, then it started the 20th century fox theme, then a brief moment of silence and ...as if we had thought of it, we turned our lightsabers off in a unison loud bzzzt, followed by the star wars theme and the cheering of hundreds gathered in one room. The movie lasted less than I would have expected. I would have wanted a three hour movie, but that would just have been too much luck. Two days after I returned to the very same complex and Got in line at 10am. Two other guys were already there, believe it or not we all had lightsabers with us. They had blue ones, I had a green one. At some point another guy arrived, but he sat far away from us. We talked about the original films, I talked about the premier, and then we learned why the other guy sated away from us, he was the first in line for the 8:00pm screening and he was going to buy tickets for like 80 people or so. He was recognized by a guy that had just arrived.... I'll never forget their conversation:

1st guy: Hey..I know you. You were at the London premier
2nd guy: Yes I was, I also made it to the Sydney and New York premiers
1st guy: Really? I was in New York, didn't see you there, listen I'm gonna grab a bite, care to join me? I'll buy...
2nd guy: ok, yes....

Geeky frindship, gotta love it.

After that, people started to arrive, and among them, He arrived too...The Sith Lord himself...Lord Darth Vader...age 5. With a lightsaber taller than him. But it was The Dark lord, I know it because his father videotaped us with him. It was cool. And then, the same thing happened, after two hours the moment faded. And just stood in my mind, and after six long years, it's here, on my blog, for you...so you can be a a part of it with me, one more time.

Pierre

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario