domingo, 12 de junio de 2011

Just 180 comics more t reach 1000

So, I keep on with my countdown for the big 1000. I don't have pics of my comics this time so, I'll be fast today.

The last comic I added was number 814, issue 815th was the Angela miniseries TPB, it's a reissue here in Mexico, it was printed originally in 1998, 1994 in the States. Mundo Vid, the editorial house that publishes comics in Mexico, resale the Angela TPB this month, with five more issues, Medieval Witchblade (816) Tales of the Darkness 1-4, but, I already had Tales of the Darkness 1, so I am only adding to my collection Tales of the Darkness 2-4 (817-819)

Since last April, Marvel Mexico printed in spanish the second arrival comic book, published last year in the States. We are now at issue 10, which is issue 820 in my collection.

You should know, just as a general knowledge comment, that since 1992 until 2005 Grupo Editorial Vid, printed every single comic book published by Marvel, Dc and Image in Mexico City, 1997 was the boom for comics and Mangas in the country, just outside my junior high school, was a newsstand where I was able to buy any amount of comics in 1997 like clock I knew that on wednesdays Spawn would be waiting for me there, just as the Cataclysm and Aftershock Batman issues, or The Onslaught saga, The Marvel vs DC which became Amalgam all those stories were published in Mexico in 1997.

By 1998, That same newsstand was selling a Manga called Video Girl drawn by Masakazu Katsura, but, no more Batmans, just Spawn and Marvel, any Marvel issue. But Not the way it used to be, because I wasn't able to find Spawn every wednesday, some times, i had to wait two weeks to get two issues, or even three weeks to get just one. missing two or three issues.
Then I entered High school, and there were no newsstands near, the only way I could get comics was at conventions. And I lost track of a lot of issues, by 2000, I was lost in the comic book world, the newsstand at my old junior high-school no longer sells comics, I kept buying Spawn, but at that time, my collection skipped from issue 30 to 35, then 35 up to 40, and so on, I was able to get issues 94 to 102 of Spawn in 2002 but then, again I started missing them. On 2005 things were bad for comics in Mexico, Vid was not selling Marvel comics anymore, they were left at newsstands all over the country. so Marvel finished his contract with Vid, and in a period of six months, every single issue of Marvel had to be taken out of Vid's stores. Thousands of issues needed to be sold, so, they started giving them away, Buy one Marvel comic and take two for free. I learned about that sale the last week of it and I only had $20.00 pesos on my pocket, I purchased a TPB of the Night Gwen Stacy Died, and got for free a Spawn, and another Spider man, I don't recall which one, I had the Night Gwen Stacy died...
After that Marvel started being sold under their own editorial house, Marvel Mexico, with the support of a mexican tv channel called Televisa (like abc,cbs,or tbs). The comics are cheap, the paper...mñña could be better, Vid had a great quality paper for comics, specially Spawns, woow, but, when the comic book boom ended, the quality of the comics lowered a lot.

Let's see if with the premiers of Captain America, Green Lantern, and the Mexican Conventions Comicon and ComicsMx the comic book industry has a year like the 1997-1998 we had, so long ago.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario